Friday, December 24, 2010

How can you be a boss when your family doesn't even respect you?

I was watching Tabatha's salon takeover today and it was an episode about a family running a salon together. The oldest sister was the owner of the salon and the head of the family. Her sisters were employed at the salon and they walked all over her. They would not listen to her and she repeatedly embarrassed them in front of customers.

One of the important things that Tabatha mentioned was that your life at home relates strongly with your life at work. Their home was a mess, and their salon was a mess as well. Tabatha decided to have a pajama party and get to know the girls a little more and mend their relationship. The sisters did not respect their boss and older sister. As a result of that, the other employees did not respect her.

Taking the BOSS position at the salon can be very rewarding but only if majority of your staff is supportive and respectful. I realized that I cannot expect my employees to honor and respect me to when my sister and mother do not. I hold no power until my mother gives it to me. I don't know how long that will take but I hope it comes soon because I have great plans for the salon. My technique and hair care knowledge is expanding rapidly and my marketing ideas are only getting better.

I can prove to my family that I have what it takes, but I need their faith and their support in order to be the best I can be. Surprisingly, its been really hard to blog lately. I guess my mind is so consumed with work. I have so much to blog about but I just don't know where to start. I'm feeling some kind of way and I don't know what to do with this emotion. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment